Expert TrainingWe are experts in land and real estate – our realtor training gives them tools to help you now.
Risk Avoidance49% of properties have hidden boundary issues. BoundaryWise Realtors know how to spot and deal with them.
Backed by BoardsWe have the backing of Ontario’s major real estate boards, professional associations, and government agencies.
SupportBoundaryWise Realtors have unlimited access to our team of experts to discuss your purchase or sale.
Choose an agent with the BoundaryWise Professional Designation
The BoundaryWise Academy provides education and ongoing professional development to top Realtors in Ontario. It arms them with the knowledge, skills and tools they need to reduce and eliminate boundary, easement and title related risk in every sale and purchase.
Real Problems that put your sale or purchase at risk
In the Greater Toronto area alone, 49% of properties have significant hidden boundary issues. The single most common event that causes these issues to become disputes is the sale and purchase of the property.
These issues include things like easements, mis-located boundaries, encroachments and title errors.
Most Realtors aren’t trained for this
You trust your transaction to your Realtor, but do they really know everything there is to know about land and boundary risks? If they have the BoundaryWise designation they are a cut above the rest. They have invested time and effort in learning how to truly protect you. They have demonstrated their commitment to ensuring your dream home doesn’t turn into a years-long legal and emotional nightmare.
Here are some facts that you probably haven’t heard before.
- In the Greater Toronto area alone, 49% of properties have significant hidden boundary issues. The single most common event that causes these issues to become disputes is the sale and purchase of the property.
- Real estate lawyers aren’t required to research these issues, relying instead on Title Insurance.
- However, 85% of these boundary issues are NOT covered by Title Insurance.
- Realtors are not trained on these aspects and have little knowledge of how to identify or deal with them.
This leaves you at risk when selling or buying your home. Who is there to protect you? If not the lawyer or Realtor, who then is managing these risks and helping you make sound, smart decisions?
This is where we come in. Protect Your Boundaries is an authority in property boundaries and boundary dispute resolution strategies. We are professional land surveyors with a deep understanding and appreciation for the real estate process, and the important role Realtors play in it.
Since 2014 we have trained and supported over 7000 of Ontario’s finest real estate agents to be better at protecting you – the home buyer and home seller.
OK, let’s get real here. We’re not talking about obscure, rarely heard of issues. Here are some examples of what we help your BoundaryWise Realtor protect you against. Home Sellers: Your BoundaryWise Agent knows how to:
- Detect, validate and disclose easement on your property;
- Identify and determine how to deal with neighbouring encroachments on your property;
- Identify and determine how to deal with your encroachments on your neighbour’s property;
- Disclose and deal with fence issues;
- Build a risk-reduced listing;
- Reduce the chance of trailing liability (you being chased after the sale closes by buyers, lawyers or title insurers).
- Avoid putting you in a position where you have to reduce your price due to an undisclosed issue.
Home Buyers: Your BoundaryWise Agent knows how to:
- Validate that the listing agent hasn’t failed to disclose any important land and boundary information on the listing.
- Detect, evaluate and explain any easements on the property (read our Homeowner’s Guide to Easements here).
- Detect and evaluate any major encroachments on the property line that would affect you.
- Craft a bid (and bidding strategy) that maximizes your competitiveness and ensures you are getting maximum value for money.
- Ensure that you won’t have any boundary-related surprises after you move in.
- Ensure that the property will satisfy your intended use for the land.
The BoundaryWise designation is awarded to Realtors who have completed and graduated from the BoundaryWise education program.
A BoundaryWise agent has understood the boundary-, title- and easement risks that potentially exist with every property and how to detect them. They have been trained to evaluate their potential impact on your deal, and how to navigate next steps to ensure you don’t end up in a legal situation you are not expecting.